Testers Welcome

Subject: Testers Welcome
From: civileme (civileme@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Thu Dec 27 2001 - 11:02:48 AKST

There is an international organization called the "Crashtesters" which tests
Mandrake Software prior to release.

I have seven openings for enterprising AKLUGgers. A Prosuite of 8.1 and a
milestone of 8.2 are ready now for any who would care to volunteer.

http://www.mandrakeforum.com/article.php?sid=473&lang=en provides the basic
information on how to set up a multiple boot computer with a stable system
and one or more other stable or test systems.

I have some written protocols to follow testing certain tools and some
software to simplify reporting results and going step-by-step on some of the
desktop functions.

As you probably know, Mandrake is aiming not at the market of other linices
but straight at the markets of Microsoft, the NT servers and the desktop. As
a result we have more wizards and tools we would like to newbie-proof as far
as possible than most other distros. Newbies are _especially_ welcome as
testers though old hands are welcome too (watch it, some of your hand configs
can be overwritten by some of our tools, automagically).

Anyway, drop me an email if you care to join the crashtesters. We have our
own mailing list, too.

Civileme
civileme@mandrakesoft.com
QA Team