Xcdroast IDE USB Burn

Subject: Xcdroast IDE USB Burn
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Mon Dec 24 2001 - 10:15:42 AKST

The CD burn test to a CD-R went fantastic using Xcdroast.

I gave Gtoaster a try but because I don't use Cdrom burner programs very
often, it seemed harder to use. Although, it had a ton of options. For
someone who knows what they are doing, it is probably a fairly good choice.

Xcdroast and Gtoaster both came with the RedHat 7.2 install, so I didn't
have to go to the web to download it.

So in my case, having a USB cdrom burner and an IDE CD reader worked great
after I made those changes.

After I took the line out of the kernel options, it didn't work. So, for
RedHat 7.2 at least, it seems you have to change:

in the /etc/modules.conf file:

options ide-cd ignore='hdc'

(yes, those are single quotes)

and to the kernel line in the /boot/grub/grub.conf file add:

hdc=ide-scsi

The syntax may include quotes if you are using lilo, I'm not exactly sure.

Mike