GCI scrapped TechTV!

Subject: GCI scrapped TechTV!
From: Justin Dieters (enderak@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 21 2001 - 15:26:54 AKST

I don't know about everyone else here, but I'm sure many of you also are
big fan's of TechTV. Below is a copy of the e-mail I sent GCI today. I
encourage all of you to do the same and try and get this great channel
back (it's still on Digital cable, but not on analog) Even if you don't
watch it, the hosts of TechTV are always big supporters of Linux, which
does nothing but help the goals of the AKLUG. If you would like to
e-mail GCI, please send an email to both admin_mgmt_external@gci.com and
whughes@gci.com. These are the e-mails for "Complaints and Praise" for
GCI.

-----
To whom it may concern:

I was appalled today to turn on my cable box to find that it has been
replaced by the Travel Channel. I have been informed by Customer
Service that TechTV is now only available for Digital Subscribers.
Please bring back TechTV to analog cable. It's a shame that I've been
duped into signing up for a year of premium analog cable service, only
to have 90% of the reason I got that full service in the first place
taken away. Very poor marketing decision on somebody's part. As soon
as my contract is up, I might as well get a satellite and switch DSL
internet with ACS. I have no other reason to stay with GCI, who up
until now I have had very little problem with.

Thank you for your time, and I hope you can reconsider the desicion to
remove TechTV from your cable lineup.

Justin Dieters
enderak@yahoo.com
-----