Open windows desktop...

Subject: Open windows desktop...
From: John Dibari (jdibari@alaskapacific.edu)
Date: Thu Dec 13 2001 - 12:04:51 AKST

Hi all,

I am a new Linux user. I installed Red Hat 7.2 and all went well. My
problem is that I have a program that was originally written to run on a
Sun computer using Solaris in the Open windows desktop environment. It
was rewritten (recompiled?) to run on a linux OS. Apparently, this
program will only run in the open windows environment. =20

My questions are: How do I get open windows installed on my machine and
make it my default environment so that I can run this program? Is this
environment a part of the standard Red Hat install? Do I need to
download it? I noticed the /usr/X11R6/bin directory - is there anything
useful in there? =20

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

John DiBari