Re: KVM Switch

Subject: Re: KVM Switch
gaijin@gci.net
Date: Sat Dec 01 2001 - 01:36:06 AKST

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Eric K wrote:

> I am looking to buy a KVM switch that works with Linux and Windows. Does anyone recommend a brand or model??

CompUSA has Belkin in 2, 4, and 8 port versions that will do KVM, in PS/2
(4 and 8 port that I saw in stock this evening) or USB (2 port) -
additonally Belkin makes one that does KVM and audio in a two or four port
system PS2 and USB (see below for URL) that was reviewed favorably on Tech
TV. They were also carrying a Linksys unit that appears to work
reasonably well.

RJD

//Smart-ass ;Smart Ass (*Smart Ass*) {Smart Ass} /*Smart Ass*/
"Open source attracts open minds. That's good." - Woz
"Unix, on the other hand, has no kernel, which is one reason the OS has
 forked into incompatible code streams."
     - Neal Leavitt, IEEE Computing Society
     http://computer.org/computer/homepage/june/ind_trends/01.htm