Two NICs, one box...

Subject: Two NICs, one box...
From: Tom (thogland@alaskatech.org)
Date: Wed Nov 28 2001 - 21:08:38 AKST

Simple enough, right? Only thing is, if I bring them both online at once,
I have awful problems with keeping stable links up. I figured I'd compile
two kernels, one NIC driver in each one, then reboot if I needed to
change. Unfortunately, the 3com is on DSL (with a static IP, one subnet
mask and gateway) and the Linksys is on cable (DHCP IP, different subnet
and gateway). So, /etc/network/interfaces can be set correctly for one,
but then is wrong for the other.

Anyone have a good idea for how to make this work nicely? Best I figured
is to set up the static IP info, then when I reboot to cable I can
manually run the DHCP client and it will correct things. I figure there
*must* be a better way, though. Can't find a good HowTo on it on LDP,
unfortunately...

Pointers and tips gratefully appreciated :-)