IBM rs/6000 workstations available

Subject: IBM rs/6000 workstations available
From: twistedhammer (twistedhammer@subdimension.com)
Date: Fri Nov 16 2001 - 17:18:14 AKST

APU's GIS lab is getting rid of 6 IBM PowerStation 355's...
These are 42Mhz rs/6000 workstations running AIX. They have
all cables, etc and each has an IBM PowerDisplay 19 monitor,
and are in working condition. They will run X, but I was
unable to determine if they are capable of better than
Pseudo-Color.. the one I messed with had a 1gig internal
SCSI drive., I believe that IBM has a linux port to this
platform available.

Also they have an IBM 9334-500 SCSI tower. this is a
tower-case sized enclosure with 4 or 5 full-height 5-1/4"
drive enclosures.. I didn't have time to see what was
actually IN it currently..

If you any comments on this stuff, post them to the list..
questions and claimage should go to Brad Bice
<rbb@alaskapacific.edu>

These are free to a good home. Anything not claimed by
Wednsday will be simply tossed in the dumpster.

James Gibson

// free anonymous email || forums \\ subZINE || anonymous browsing
            subDIMENSION -- http://www.subdimension.com