quicky perl question

Subject: quicky perl question
From: Matthew Schumacher (schu@schu.net)
Date: Mon Nov 12 2001 - 11:42:33 AKST

Ok,

Gotta perl program that says running all the time that opens a config
file, reads it into an array, closes it, works though the array then
goes to sleep.

Anyway I can't figure out how to make perl release the memory that the
array takes up back to the system. At first I though I could do it with
undef(), but according the my perl book "Any storage associated with the
object will be recovered for reuse (though not returned to the system,
for most versions of Unix)."

So the question is, how to I kill my array so that the memory is
recovered by the system?

thanks,

schu