Re: apache help

Subject: Re: apache help
From: Josh (augustus@acerbic.org)
Date: Thu Nov 01 2001 - 06:46:41 AKST

On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, Bob Crosby wrote:

> I'm unable to run cgi scripts. When I point my browser to
> mywebsite/foobar.cgi, I get a
>
> FORBIDDEN:
> "You don't have permission to access /foobar.cgi on this server."

The easiest fix would be to move foobar.cgi to the cgi-bin directory
(yourwebsite/cgi-bin/foobar.cgi) which is the default location Apache
has cgi execution enabled. If you really want to run scripts somewhere
other than cgi-bin you'll need to check for the ExecCGI option in your
httpd.conf for the directory you are trying to run the script from.

For more information check out the documentation at:
http://httpd.apache.org

Oh yea, almost forgot. Make sure that the permissions on the script are
set so that the apache (usually "nobody") user has read/execute
permission!

"Listen: We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you
any different!" - Kurt Vonnegut

Josh Burroughs
augustus@acerbic.org
http://www.acerbic.org