Nvidia problems with Mandrake 8.1

Subject: Nvidia problems with Mandrake 8.1
From: Chris Crewdson (ccrewdson@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 16:44:56 AKDT

Has anyone else been having like a LOT of problems getting Man 8.1 X windows
to work correctly? I can't get any better that 1024x768x16 on my TNT2 Ultra!
I am trying to use the NVIDIA_kernel and NVIDIA_glx, but for some reason X
keeps saying there was an error. I tried using the xf86config script, and
even text editing XF86Config but X seems to ignore these settings. The mouse
(microsoft wheel mouse, ps/2) also seems to be having problems. I had
everything working fine under 8.0, but then I had to go and play with it. :)

Chris

   \__U_/