Installfest

Subject: Installfest
From: Mike Barsalou (mbarsalou@aidea.org)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 09:18:18 AKDT

We had a great time at the Installfest. Although there were only 6 installs
done, we got good exposure and a lot of encouragement from local businesses
about our presence there.

If we consider doing this next year, we may want to setup the Installfest
part for the following Saturday. It seems many people weren't aware of the
ability to drop their machine off from the front door (plus the heavy amount
of snow).

I appreciate the time and effort of the people that helped put this together
without it we would have had a terrible showing. A Thank You goes out to
each of you.

The presentations went great. There were upwards of 20 people in each
presentation.

One person suggested to me that because of our presentation, they would be
switching to Apache to run their web server.

Here is the list of people that spent their time at the Expo:

Greg Madden
Josh Burroughs
Alan Caruth
a guy from MandrakeSoft (sorry I didn't get your name)
Dee McKinney
Jim Gribbon
James Gibson
Patrick Wilke (a founder)
Lee T. (I didn't want to mispell your last name)
Arthur Corliss
Mike Barsalou